Note: This post contains links to our print-on-demand Zazzle store.
There are various motifs used in Mid-Century Modern Style. And that is because it overlapped with several distinct interior design style eras.
Among its influences are:
· Modernist Styles,
· Space Age and Atomic Age Styles, and
· Bohemian Style.
For this post, we’re used the pillows below to come up with 6 sets of Mid-Century Modern throw pillow trios. And we’ve made them available to purchase from our print-on-demand Zazzle store.
So what characteristics make these pieces Mid-Century Modern?
· Color scheme is similar to that of Bohemian Style that includes turquoise, orange, mustard yellow, and red.
· “Flower power” and psychedelic motifs borrowed from the Bohemian Style
· Stripes and zigzags, plus the stylized floral and abstract patterns from the Modernist Styles
And here’s how we put our trios together. We mixed:
· Small-scale stylized florals
· Large-scale abstract shapes
· Geometric or psychedelic patterns
All in coordinating colors and contrasting scales and lines.
Shop Our Mid-Century Modern Pillow Sets
For all our sets, we used 20″ x 20″ for the stylized floral pieces, 16″ x 16″ for the abstracts, and lumbar for the geometrics.
There you go. Our Flower Power Mid-Century Modern Pillow collection.
We hope that this post inspires you to mix and match your own Midmod pillow set. And if you happen to like any of ours, head on to our Zazzle store and get them.