This post contains affiliate links. I’m an affiliate of several online stores, including Amazon. I may earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you use these links to purchase furnishings.
If you love city life and at the same time appreciate a restrained dose of elegance, Urban Chic Style may be for you. While this short, short post is specific to table lamps, check it out to get a feel of what the style is about.
For a deeper dive into the Urban Family of Styles, click on this link.
Now for our show and tell.
Here’s what to look for in a table lamp to get that Urban Chic vibe.
For the urban part:
- Edison bulbs – to refer to the Urban Style’s relation to Industrial Styles. This bulb is one of the symbols of the Industrial Revolution.
- Metal and glass as materials – the same materials used to build urban buildings and skyscrapers.
- Bulbs in metal cages – to refer to outdoor lamps used in industrial zones. They come with cage-like shades to protect them from the elements.
- Machine aesthetic – an overall polished, engineered look that’s characteristic of the Industrial Era.
For the chic / elegant part:
- Shiny, metallic finishes – preferably gold, but silver, chrome, or nickel finishes work too.
- Use of luxurious materials like marble or granite.
- Cage-like shades with patterns that are more sophisticated than the usual industrial caged lamps.
If you’re ready to get yours, here are our finds from Froy and Amazon. Happy shopping!